The Virtual Reality Group at the Institute of Visual Computing & Human-Centered Technology conducts basic and application oriented research in all areas related to virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR). Our core areas of expertise are:
- Tracking Technologies and Motion Capture,
- 3D User Interfaces and 3D Interaction including Locomotion,
- High Quality Rendering for Mixed Reality (AR/VR),
- 3D Reconstruction for AR/VR,
- User studies in VR/AR,
- VR Medical Applications and Virtual Rehabilitation,
- Immersive VR/AR applications in general.
In addition to basic research we focus on novel applications of VR/AR technology which are beneficial to society. In the past we developed innovative solutions for industrial high precision tracking, physical rehabilitation, safety of fire fighters, high school science education in VR, prosthetics, and many more. We have 15 years of experience in acquiring national and EU project funding. Please see our website for a list of current and past projects.